by Scarlett Stough
Read Genesis Chapters one through three.
1. Genesis 1:1-2; John 1:1-5. What do these verses reveal about God and the existence of our physical universe?
2. Genesis 1:3-25. As God completed each phase of his work what was his evaluation of the result?
3. Genesis 1:26-31; Romans 8:29-30. What did God say his purpose for mankind is? When God blessed them—Adam, both man and wife—what were his instructions to them?
4. Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15; Matthew 12:1-8; Luke 6:9. What do all these verses reveal about God's intention for the Seventh Day of Rest?
5. Genesis 2:4-15. This account gives more detail about the Garden of Eden. What were the three types of trees described and their purpose? What was the work God gave mankind to do?
6. Genesis 2:16-17. Why was the fruit of the one tree forbidden to eat? Why do you think it was included in the garden?
7. Genesis 2:18-25; Matthew 19:3-12. Why were a man and a woman created and not just a male?
8. Genesis 3:1-6; Galatians 5:13-26; James 4:7-10; 1 John 2:16-17; 3:4-10. What was the devil's deception? Why did this temptation appeal to Adam and Eve? Why does it appeal to people today?
9. Genesis 3:7-13. What was the immediate consequence of obeying the devil instead of God? How did Adam and Eve try to justify their sin?
10. Genesis 3:14-15; Galatians 4:4; John 8:44; 1 John 3:8. How did God crush the serpent's head?
11. Genesis 3:16-19. What were the consequences for men and women for their choice? Are men and women still suffering these consequences? Explain.
12. Genesis 3:20-24; Revelation 19:8; 22:14. What did God do to cover Adam and Eve's nakedness? What did God do to cover all who will be given “right to the tree of life” which was denied to Adam and Eve after they disobeyed God?