by Scarlett Stough
Read Genesis Chapters 21-23.
1. Genesis 21:1-7; 17:17; 18:11-12. In what way did God show his graciousness to Sarah?
2. Genesis 21:8-21; Galatians 4:30-31. How did God show graciousness to Hagar and Ishmael while still continuing to work out his covenant promise to Abraham through Isaac?
3. Genesis 22:1-19; Hebrews 11:19. In what ways did Abraham exhibit faith toward God in this difficult test?
4. Romans 4:1-25; Hebrews 11:17-19; 12:1-3. How is this account of Abraham's life of faith relevant to our lives of faith today?
5. Genesis 23:1-20; 21:34. Why do you think Abraham believed it was necessary to purchase land for a burial site? How do you think this relates to Abraham's faith in God's promises?
6. Do you think mercy triumphed over judgment in Abraham's life? Why or why not?
7. Galatians 3:1-29. Who are the children of Abraham? How is the faith of Abraham related to the purpose of the law and faith in Christ Jesus?