by Scarlett Stough
1. Leviticus 19:2. Define “holy.”
2. 1 Peter 1:14-15. According to these verses in 1 Peter, what can you do to be “holy?”
3. Genesis 1:26-27. What was God's purpose in creating mankind?
4. Leviticus Chapters 1-6. What was the purpose of each of these sacrifices or offerings? What was the main requirement for the selection of an animal for sacrifice?
5. Hebrews 9:6-28; 1 Peter 1:13-19. Why was it necessary for Jesus to give himself as a sacrifice for an eternal inheritance to be offered to those who believe in him?
6. Romans 12:1-2. What must be transformed in a Christian in order to be a “living sacrifice?”
7. Galatians 2:20-21. Explain how a Christian is “crucified with Christ.” How do we live in the grace of God and also live according to God's will in obedience to his word?
8. 1 John 3:2-5. How can we purify ourselves—or can we? Explain your answer. Will this occur completely in this mortal life?
9. What, if anything, have you learned from these scriptures about how to be a “living sacrifice” and “to be holy as God is holy?”