by Scarlett Stough
1. Galatians 5:1-12. What is the “yoke of slavery” Paul is warning against? [See verse 4.] Why does this nullify the grace Jesus provided by his crucifixion?
2. Galatians 5:13-15. How should we exercise the freedom Jesus made possible for us? What is the mistake we are warned against making?
3. Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 6:1-5. Since Paul makes clear he is not promoting licentious behavior, what does being “under law” mean?
4. Galatians 5:19-21. What actions are opposed to keeping in step with the Holy Spirit?
5. Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 4:1. How does the Spirit enable us to live “worthy of our calling”?
6. Galatians 5:24-26; I John 2:6. How does keeping in step with the Spirit also enable us to live as Jesus did?
7. John 14:15-27; 15:12-17, 26-27; Romans 8:26-27. In what specific ways does the Holy Spirit enable us to “walk with God”?
8. Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 15:20-26; Matthew 7:13-14; John 10:7-10. Where does the path Jesus is walking with us lead?