by Scarlett Stough
Read Genesis Chapter 24.
1. Genesis 24:1-5; 2 Corinthians 6:14-16; 1 Corinthians Chapter 7. What were the instructions Abraham gave his servant regarding a wife for his son Isaac? What considerations should a Christian use in selecting a spouse?
2. Genesis 24:6-9. What was Abraham's reason for not sending Isaac?
3. Genesis 24:10-14. How did the servant expect to recognize the woman God chose to become Isaac's wife?
4. Genesis 24:15-21. In what ways did Rebekah reveal her character?
5. Genesis 24:22-27. What further information confirmed to the servant that Rebekah was God's choice?
6. Genesis 24:28-51. Why do you think Rebekah's family was so quick to agree to this arranged marriage?
7. Genesis 24:52-58. Why do you think Abraham's servant wanted to leave right away? What character traits does Rebekah reveal in her willingness to leave her family?
8. Genesis 24:59-60; Matthew 1:1-17; John 10:1-7. How was Rebekah's blessing fulfilled in Jesus?
9. Genesis 24:61-67; John 15:9-13; Matthew 10:37-42. Do you see any similarities between Rebekah's response and the response expected of those who follow Jesus?
10. Luke 24:27; 24:44; 2 Timothy 3:16-17. What did Jesus say we could find written in the Hebrew Scriptures about himself? What should we be able to learn from the Scriptures?