The Renewal of All Things
By Scarlett Stough
To prepare for this Bible study, please
read the women in Christ commentary, A
Great Woman (The Shunammite Woman) Part 3 and II Kings 8:1-6.
Part I. The Example of The Shunammite Woman Part III.
1. II Kings 8:1-2 What circumstances have befallen the Shunammite woman?
2. II Kings 8:3 What happened while she and her son were away? How did she handle the situation?
3. II Kings 8:4-5 Describe the circumstances that worked in her favor. Do you think this was chance or a coincidence? Why?
4. II Kings 8:6 How was her life restored and her difficulties compensated?
5. What application(s) can you find
for your life in this account?
Part II The Time is Near
1. Acts 1:9-11; Matthew 26:63-64; Revelation 1:4-8 Do you believe Jesus’ second coming is a literal return to this earth? Why or why not?
2. Matthew 24:30-31; John 14:1-4; I Corinthians 15:51-53; I Thessalonians 4:13-16 What happens to the followers of Jesus at his return?
3. Matthew 19:27-29; Revelation 22:12; Revelation 20:4-6; Luke 12:32 Peter asked Jesus what they who had sacrificed everything to follow him could expect in compensation. What was the answer Jesus gave him? Do you think this promise was only for the Twelve? Explain.
4. II Peter 3:3-9 Why is God waiting?
5. Revelation 22:7, 10; II Peter 3:3-4 How would you answer the question, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?”
6. Matthew 24:42-44; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; II Peter 3:10-18 What does Jesus expect his followers to be doing while we wait?
7. Matthew 24:10-14; II Thessalonians
2:1-17 Although evil will abound and the love of many diminish, some will
stand firm in the faith until death or the return of Jesus Christ. What
obstacles stand in the way of persevering faith? How can you stand firm
in the faith?