Tabitha, Arise! Christ in you-the Hope of Glory
By Scarlett Stough
To prepare for this study, please read
Acts 9:36-43 and the women in Christ commentary, Tabitha,
Part I Tabithaís Example
1. Acts 9:36 What do you learn about Tabitha (Dorcas in Greek)? How did she live her life in her community?
2. Acts 9:37-38 Consider why the disciples in Joppa would send for Peter. What do you think they were hoping for?
3. Acts 9:39 Picture yourself as one of these widows. Why would you bring these garments? What does their grief tell you about their relationship with Tabitha?
4. Acts 9:40 Why do you think Peter sent everyone out of the room?
5. Acts 9:41 Why would Luke be inspired to place the believers and the widows in separate groups?
6. Acts 9:42-43 What was the result of this miracle? What would be some reasons that Peter would leave his teaching in Lydda to stay in Joppa?
7. How can you personally apply Tabithaís
example to the way you live your life? Where does your hope lie?
Part II Know the Hope
1. Acts 23:6; 26:6-8; 28:20 What was Paulís hope?
2. Romans 4:18 What was Abrahamís hope?
3. I Corinthians 15:1-8; Ephesians 1:18-21; I Peter 1:3-5; Titus 1:1-3 What was the gospel (the good news) that Paul and the other Apostles preached?
4. I Corinthians 15:12-19 How important is it to know that Jesus the Christ literally returned to life and is alive today? Does the Christian religion have any credibility apart from the living Christ?
5. I Corinthians 15:20-28 Who has authority over all things-including death?
6. I Corinthians 15:29-32 What was it about the way Paul lived his life that proved he knew Jesus is alive?
7. I Corinthians 15:35-50; I John 3:2 What do the Scriptures reveal about the resurrected body?
8. I Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians
4:15-17 When will this resurrection take place?
Part III Make Your Hope Sure
1. I Thessalonians 4:13-14, 18; I Corinthians 15:58; I John 3:3 What effect should the hope of the resurrection have on the way Christians think and what we do?
2. Colossians 1:3-14, 21-23, 27-28 What is our hope that is stored in heaven? How should this hope influence what we do now? How does this hope enter our lives? (v.27)
3. Titus 2:11-14 Why did Jesus redeem us? In what specific ways can you say, ďNo to ungodliness?Ē
4. Hebrews 6:9-12 How can you make your hope sure?
5. Hebrews 10:19-25 List three or four ways from this passage that will help you and others hold onto this hope.
6. I Corinthians 13:13; I Thessalonians 5:8; Ephesians 6:10-20 How does hope strengthen our resolve to live in union with Jesus?