For This We Labor
By Scarlett Stough
To prepare for this Bible study guide,
please read the Women in Christ Commentary Women
Who Work Hard.
Part I. The Example of Those Women Who Work Hard
1. Romans 16:12; Romans 16:6; John 4:39-42; Romans 16:3-5; Luke 8:1-3 What does the phrase “in the Lord” (Romans 16:12) indicate to you about what these women were laboring at?
2. Considering the example of biblical
women, (see the above verses) what specific work were women doing “in the
Part II. The Harvest is Plentiful
1. Matthew 9:36-38 What is the “harvest” that Jesus said is “plentiful?” What is needed to bring in that harvest? Who supplies that need?
2. Luke 14:12-14; Luke 5:31-32; Matthew 11:28 Where is the Lord's harvest? What do you think is the best means of bringing in that harvest?
3. I Timothy 4:9-10; I Corinthians 15:1-8;
Revelation 2:3; Isaiah 52:7 For what did Paul and others labor?
Part III. All His Energy
1. Matthew 6:25-34; Matthew 11:29-30; John 4:38 What makes the burden Jesus lays on his followers “easy” or “light?”
2. Colossians 1:28-29; I Corinthians 15:9-11; Isaiah 40:28-31 How can people who work hard avoid “burn-out?”
3. Galatians 6:9-10; Philippians 2:14-16;
Matthew 25:31-46; II Thessalonians 1:3-12; Hebrews 10:24-25 How can the
workers in the Lord's harvest stay motivated to continue to work hard?